For my popcorn-loving colleague’s birthday, I knew I wanted to try my hand at making homemade gourmet popcorn. I found a great recipe for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn from Two Peas and Their Pod and with a few minor alterations, it went off without a hitch!
2 bags of microwave kettle corn
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels, melted
Generous amounts of mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
Gettin’ down to business:
- Pop the microwave popcorn of course.
- Mix the honey and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for two minutes, remove from heat, add the peanut butter. Stir until all the peanut butter is melted.
- Immediately pour the peanut butter caramel mixture over the popcorn and gently stir with a wooden spoon until it is all covered. Spread the popcorn out on a baking sheet and drizzle with melted dark chocolate morsels.
- Let sit until chocolate hardens (or not, if you can’t control yourself, I know I couldn’t).
- Throw in the mini Reese’s peanut butter cups.
I know what you’re thinking, it’s almost too easy. It’s a simple yet irresistible recipe that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. I can proudly report that the bowl was quickly polished off! If you’re more of a visual learner, you can watch the whole process on the Unroll app here. Happy domesticating y’all!